Dear local service agencies and friends,
Lots of programs and events happening this term. Please see the full term 3 program attached, and visit our website if you need any more information.
- Calling for donations of items for pets – Belmont Neighbourhood Centre (BNC) is attending the Hunter Homeless Connect Day and will be providing assistance to vulnerable people experiencing homelessness who have pets. Any donations of collars, pet food, flea treatments, toys, bedding, or anything for a pet are being warmly accepted at BNC reception or at Yasmin Catley MP’s office in Swansea. Deadline for donations is Monday the 5th of August.
- Free Hearing tests – 15th of August 2019 from 9am. These tests will allow participants to find out the sound frequencies they have trouble hearing, and also includes hearing aid checks. This is a busy service, so bookings are required. Call BNC on 02 4947 0031.
- Eco Angel Rubbish Clean Up – Wednesday 14th August starting at 9am. Belmont Neigbourhood Centre does an annual clean up to remove rubbish and illegal dumping in our local environment! It is a cheerful working bee, all welcome to come lend a hand.
- R U OK Day community lunch – Thursday 12th September, 11:30am – 1pm, $5 donation, bookings required, call 02 4947 0031. Our Annual R U OK Day community lunch is a great opportunity for people who are a socially isolated or lonely to meet new people and form friendships. For R U OK Day, we focus on de-stigmatising mental health and taking some time to check in with each other and strengthen community wellness.
- Mums and Bubs Playgroup – This is a free fortnightly playgroup for new mums and newborns starting the 25th of July. The focus of the group is to protect and enhance healthy attachment between mother and child, share skills and knowledge and create friendships for life.
- First Aid Certificate Course – Monday 5th of August, 2019 starting at 8:30am. Course fee of $100 includes full certificate valid for 3 years and lunch and afternoon tea. Full payment of course fee is payable upon booking.
- Tuning In To Teens – A Free 6 session parenting program for parents with adolescents, starting 13th of August from 12:30-2:30pm. This project is in partnership with Allambi Care. To book, call Michael on 0408 474 602
- Anti-Poverty Food Drive – Belmont Neighbourhood Centre is doing our annual food drive during Anti-Poverty week from 13th and 19th of October. We are calling for donations of, non-perishable pantry items which are used to provide emergency assistance to people experiencing domestic violence or crisis situations.
- Justice of the Peace Services – Available 5 days during business hours.
- Free Resume Help – Free service to help tweak and refine resume’s and cover letters for the best chance of finding employment. This service is available for Young people, Aboriginal people, mothers wishing to re-enter the workforce and anyone else who needs it. By appointment only via 02 4947 0031
If you want any more details give us a call, see the full program attached or visit our website.
Centre Coordinator – Communications and services
Belmont Neighbourhood Centre
P: 4947 0031